download file types

Paul Squittieri

Jan 26, 2022, 10:45:18 AM1/26/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
is it possible to download a specific file type from drive. what I'm trying to do is download all images to location and all docs to another

Ross Scroggs

Jan 26, 2022, 11:25:42 AM1/26/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Paul,

In the get drivefile command use the query option to select the file type and the targetfolder option to select the location.

On Jan 26, 2022, at 7:45 AM, Paul Squittieri <squitti...@adelphi.edu> wrote:

is it possible to download a specific file type from drive. what I'm trying to do is download all images to location and all docs to another

Paul Squittieri

Jan 26, 2022, 12:23:03 PM1/26/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
I put in the below and got the following error: Drive File/Folder Download Failed: Query (*.jpg) Invalid

gam user {EMAIL} get drivefile query "*.jpg" targetfolder C:\Test

Ross Scroggs

Jan 26, 2022, 12:32:42 PM1/26/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Paul,

gam user {EMAIL} get drivefile query "mimeType = 'image/jpeg'" targetfolder C:\Test

See: https://developers.google.com/drive/api/v3/ref-search-terms

Paul Squittieri

Jan 26, 2022, 1:02:47 PM1/26/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
is Google Photos stored in the as place as Drive. not sure if I'm wording this correctly when i run the command "get drivefile allfiles" does it pull all the files from google Photo

Ross Scroggs

Jan 26, 2022, 3:01:06 PM1/26/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Paul,

No, Google Photos live in their own world.