New with GAM - How to move 7K users into a group

Fernando Scheps

Mar 10, 2014, 11:06:10 AM3/10/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hello Community,

I am completely new in GAM, trying to help a colleague with adding 7.000 users to a Group.

I understand doing it through Google CPanel would take a very long time as I understand you cant paste more than 25 addresses at a time to add them to a group.

Can GAM achieve this? Does somebody knows the command that need to be executed to do it?

I was told that if a special character is found on the list, then GAM will stop, and this makes it a very big administrative hassle. Is there anyway to make GAM to record in a report the addresses that were not successfully added to the Group so I can process them manually through CPanel?

Thanks a lot for your help with this!

Fernando

Stephan Schenk

Mar 12, 2014, 7:55:51 AM3/12/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

yes, GAM can achieve this.
The command is around that: python gam.py update group {domain-name} add member file userfile.txt

Depends in your source where to get the users. The users are mail addresses which cannot have special character.