Updating Google+ Profile Photo

Will Polley

Jan 21, 2016, 9:36:14 AM1/21/16
to Google Apps Manager
I did some searching to see if anyone asked this question before and couldn't find any questions. Some related stuff, but not exactly.

The gam user joe.doe update photo picture.jpg command works great to update the Gmail photo and Directory photo, but it doesn't move over to established G+ profiles automatically.

Does G+ have an API to update apps domain G+ profile pictures? And is it possible to do with GAM?

Thanks for the awesome product!

Ross Scroggs

Jan 21, 2016, 10:36:40 AM1/21/16
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Will,

In the documentation of the API that GAM uses (https://developers.google.com/admin-sdk/directory/v1/guides/manage-users#get_photo) there is the following text:
Note: In this version of the API, a photo is the user's latest Gmail Chat profile photo. This is different from the Google+ profile photo.

I don't see any API method to change the G+ profile picture.

Ross