Adjust "Sender Information" Option Using GAM

Mason

Apr 16, 2020, 8:07:50 PM4/16/20
to GAM for G Suite
Hello GAM Experts,

Just a quick question. Google recently released the option to adjust the "Sender Information" so it allows you to make it seems like you're reply on behalf of the actual owner of the inbox. I checked the GAM help pages (https://github.com/jay0lee/GAM/wiki/ExamplesEmailSettings) and know that GAM is able to add/remove/print/show delegates, however, is it possible to have an GAM adjust this setting too?

Thanks,

Mason

Danny Dillon - NOAA Affiliate

Apr 16, 2020, 8:34:26 PM4/16/20
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Unless something has changed, using this will break attribution in Vault.  We had to turn it off

If you have received this email in error, please let me know by return email so I can make sure it doesn't happen again. Because emails can contain confidential and privileged material, I'd ask for your help by deleting it and any attachments. Thanks!

We like to keep people up to date with information about new products and services at ATB or changes that could affect you. You can check out more about ATB and CASL at http://www.atb.com/important-information/privacy-security/Pages/ATB-and-CASL.aspx

James SEYMOUR

Apr 16, 2020, 10:58:36 PM4/16/20
to GAM for G Suite
Hi Danny,

Do you mean you turned off Mail delegation or is there a option for this specific setting?

Danny Dillon - NOAA Affiliate

Apr 17, 2020, 12:33:05 AM4/17/20
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com

Apps > G Suite > Settings for Gmail > User Settings > Mail Delegation
You can choose to allow customization or not, and to show recipients ( and Vault ) owner and delegate OR owner only.
Our lawyers decided that hiding the real actor was not desirable.

Danny

James SEYMOUR

Apr 17, 2020, 3:08:50 AM4/17/20
to GAM for G Suite
Many thanks Danny. I had a mental block before and did not think there were other options under Mail delegation but found them now and made the change.