Where do "too large" printed outputs get uploaded?

Lior W.

Apr 10, 2021, 5:52:06 AM4/10/21
to GAM for Google Workspace

Input:
gam all users show filelist permissions todrive > testing.log
Output (inside testing.log):
WARNING: Results are too large for Google Spreadsheets. Uploading as a regular CSV file.

So where do I find this file? It doesn't seem to be anywhere on the admin's/my Google Drive.

Dale Courtney

Apr 10, 2021, 9:34:49 AM4/10/21
to GAM for G Suite
Look in the same folder that your command/terminal was run in.

best,
Dale

Ross Scroggs

Apr 10, 2021, 10:09:27 AM4/10/21
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Lior,

It should be in the admin's My Drive but as a file, not a Google Sheet.

Message has been deleted

Lior W.

Apr 10, 2021, 3:45:23 PM4/10/21
to GAM for Google Workspace
Hi Ross, you're right, I missed it because I looked for CSV files.
Alas, it's called:
[domain name] - all users Drive Files
Why doesn't it have a dot csv at the end? Like:
[domain name] - all users Drive Files.csv?

Ross Scroggs

Apr 10, 2021, 5:49:10 PM4/10/21
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Lior,

It doesn't have a .csv extension becuase the expectiona was that it would be converted to a Google Sheet.

What are you trying to accomplish?
You didn't include the file id or title so you won't know what file the permissions apply to.
You can cut down on the size of the file by eliminating some columns. You can extend the list with columns based on what you're trying to do.
export GAM_CSV_HEADER_DROP_FILTER="^permissions.*name$,^permissions.*photoLink$"
gam all users print filelist id title permissions todrive > testing.log

Ross

Lior W.

Apr 12, 2021, 1:08:14 PM4/12/21
to GAM for Google Workspace
You'd have thought once Google realized it can't be converted it would add the CSV extension.

In any case, my goal is to simulate File exposure report without having the relevant edition.
In other words, getting a list of every file of every user in the organization that is shared as "Anyone with the link"

The list should look like:
Owner - file id - file name - permission type

Which GAM command would you recommend to run in order to get it?
anyone with the link.png

Ross Scroggs

Apr 12, 2021, 2:07:57 PM4/12/21
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
LIor,

With Standard GAM you can do:

export GAM_CSV_ROW_FILTER="permissions.*.id:regex:anyoneWithLink"

export GAM_CSV_HEADER_FILTER="Owner,id,title,permissions.*.type,permissions.*.withLink"

gam all users print filelist id title permissions todrive > testing.log

With Advanced GAM you can do:

gam redirect csv - todrive redirect stdout testing.log all users print filelist fields id,name,permissions.type,permissions.allowfilediscovery pm type anyone allowfilediscovery false em

Standard GAM uses Drive Rest v2 API and Advanced GAM uses Drive Rest v3 API

In v2, withLink = True is the same as allowFileDiscovery = False in V3

Ross

Message has been deleted