Delete user based on Roler from Calendar ACL

Ryan McKinnie

Sep 20, 2019, 4:35:12 AM9/20/19
to GAM for G Suite
I have assessment calendars that have students from the previous year still enrolled. I want to remove all users from the calendar that have read-only privileges (students), while keeping the editors intact (teachers).

Tried Gam calendar ic.edu.lb_ql8gp...@group.calendar.google.com delete role reader with no success. Any suggestions?

Ralph Kolarik

Sep 20, 2019, 2:51:53 PM9/20/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I have dealt with something similar but not exactly what your doing. Using Extended GAM i have found owners of events in specific calendars and then determined through AD if the users still were part of our organization buy creating a powershell report for that OU. Then i made a report for all the calendar events for specific Calendars what users were using which Calendar/Resource. Then i used a python script to compare the email address of the off-boarded users and the Calendar Events Report users. After that you then i was able to delete specific events for each Calendar/Resource based on the user name name and event ID.

If that will help let me know and i will pass on the steps to do that. BTW, i'm not a python scripter Ross Scroggs is the one that gave me the python script.

On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 1:35 AM Ryan McKinnie <r_mck...@mail.fhsu.edu> wrote:
I have assessment calendars that have students from the previous year still enrolled. I want to remove all users from the calendar that have read-only privileges (students), while keeping the editors intact (teachers).

Tried Gam calendar ic.edu.lb_ql8gp...@group.calendar.google.com delete role reader with no success. Any suggestions?

oreilly_email_logo.png
Ralph A. Kolarik
IT Desktop Triage Support Technician