Classroom - Student and Teacher Sync

Robert Caretta

Jul 15, 2015, 10:44:21 AM7/15/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
There are a couple of options for the sync process but I am unclear as to how use them: filename <filename> | query <users query>.   I was wondering if you could add some additional documentation on how the .csv file would look, and also what kind of information would be in the query or how to write that. Is the query just an array of email addresses?

Separate topic, in the setup process of this app do we also need to register this at the domain level of google apps? Within the google apps admin panel under security -> advanced settings -> manage api client access   Do we need to specify the app here with associated auth settings?  If so, wondering if that also could be added to the documentation.

Excellent documentation by the way, really like it!

-Rob

Jay Lee

Jul 16, 2015, 7:17:22 AM7/16/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I do plan to update the wiki when I have some free time. For now, filename should be a CSV file of user email addresses. Query is a Admin SDK Directory Users API query as described at:

an example would be something like:

query isSuspended=false

to get all users that aren't suspended for the sync.

Yes, the Service Account wiki needs to be updated also (sigh, documentation is hard). Service Accounts are not needed for Classroom API but they are used on GAM commands like calendar, drive and gmail labels and the new gmail delete/trash messages command.

Jay

Jay Lee