Updating Labels

Kevin Jordan

Feb 16, 2015, 5:28:09 AM2/16/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jay,

Is there a way when retrieving a list of labels to a csv file to only obtain the label name ie not include the type, label list, message type, id etc?

I'm looking to export a list of and bulk update the names of these labels - but when exporting it pulls the additional info below, meaning I have to go through removing the type, label list, message type, id etc to then run the update

Also, from the documentation I cannot see information on how to merge and replace although I can see this is possible. Could you confirm the parameters for running these? I suspect the replace function will achieve what I need anyway.

Thanks
Kevin

Kevin Jordan

Feb 16, 2015, 5:42:37 AM2/16/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I've done some testing, and for the instances where a user has been migrated with the "INBOX/" at the beginning of each label, because there is a sub-folder under their inbox in the users old platform, it seems that if you run the command:

gam user userName update label

This seems to automatically "fix" this label issue and remove the "INBOX/" at the beginning of the label names, returning to the correct folder structure.

Thanks
Kevin