gam user [user] delete license 1010310008 not working

Andrew Schiess

Jul 30, 2021, 5:44:08 PM7/30/21
to GAM for Google Workspace
this is the license the user has assigned per an export of users from the admin console.

results in: ERROR: 400: Invalid productId: 1010310008 - invalid

Mike McLoughlin

Jul 11, 2022, 4:37:46 AM7/11/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
Hi Andrew

Did you ever manage to resolve this? I am seeing the same thing.

- Mike

Kim Nilsson

Jul 11, 2022, 6:38:06 AM7/11/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
wow, for a year?

Command works fine for me.

Mike McLoughlin

Jul 11, 2022, 8:00:14 AM7/11/22
to GAM for Google Workspace

Hi Kim

I found a helpful snippet in the GAM bug tracker. This is how it should have been done:

gam user <user>  delete license 101031009 product 101031

I hope this helps others.

- Mike

Kim Nilsson

Jul 11, 2022, 9:02:14 AM7/11/22
to Google Apps Manager
Ah, perhaps it works differently in GAMADV-XTD3. I didn't need to refer to the type.

Andrew Schiess

Jul 11, 2022, 11:37:46 AM7/11/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
I found out the version of GAM I was using was too old. Updated to the current (at the time) version of GAMADV-XTD3 and the issue was resolved.