Chromebook deprovision

Gabriel Clifton

Jul 27, 2021, 6:43:11 PM7/27/21
to GAM for Google Workspace
I'm trying to figure out if my Chromebook deprovision command is flawed. I am trying to run to run gam deprovision against a Google Sheet with gam.exe csv gsheet <gam user> "<Sheet ID>" Sheet1 gam update cros cros_sn "~sn" action deprovision_retiring_device acknowledge_device_touch_requirement and keep getting
ERROR: User: <gam user>, Spreadsheet: <SheetID>, Sheet: Sheet1, Data Not Retrieved: A failure in the SSL library occurred (_ssl.c:1129)
but if I just run gam update cros cros_sn "<Serial Number>" action deprovision_retiring_device acknowledge_device_touch_requirement it works perfectly. Same with moving those Chromebooks to our Deprovision OU.

Brian Kim

Jul 27, 2021, 7:59:39 PM7/27/21
to GAM for Google Workspace
i'm sure Ross would be able to comment on this, but could this be related to Sheets API v3 deprecation which is right around the corner?

Gabriel Clifton

Jul 27, 2021, 8:40:47 PM7/27/21
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
It looks like our web filter decided to start digging into googleapis.com, filtering, and F***ing it all up.

Gabriel Clifton | Network Administrator

Fort Stockton ISD | Technology Center
gabriel...@fsisd.net | http://www.fsisd.net
Office (432) 336-4055 ext 2

Fax (432) 336-4050
1204 W. Second St.,
Fort Stockton, TX 79735

Please note: Although we may sometimes respond to email, text, and phone calls instantly at all hours of the day, our regular support hours are 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. We may need to wait until next school day to attend to your issue. All issues are worked on a first come, first served basis depending on severity and issues with proper work orders submitted are handled first.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or their agent, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply email and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.
"You must always be willing to work without applause."
— Ernest Hemingway

"You just have to find that thing that's special about you that distinguishes you from all the others, and through true talent, hard work, and passion, anything can happen."
— Dr. Dre