Add Permissions on Google Drive - Error 400: Invalid permission value - invalid

Thomas Burford

Aug 14, 2015, 9:23:56 AM8/14/15
to Google Apps Manager
I'm attempting add permissions to a folder on Google Drive; however, when I run the command it returns with: Error 400: Invalid permission value - invalid

I've checked to make sure that I've enabled the Google Drive API, and I'm almost positive that I've done this before, so I'm not sure what's going on.. I've had another admin attempt to do the same thing and they receive the same response.

Any help would be appreciated.

Browlry

Aug 3, 2016, 6:10:00 PM8/3/16
to Google Apps Manager
I just had this problem. I got past it by entering the full email address for the second user, instead of just the username.

This code gave me the "Error 400: Invalid permission value - invalid" error:

gam user tim.burton add drivefileacl 0B8aCWH-xLi2NckxXOEp5REUtNEE user patrick.mcninja role writer

This code didn't have any error message, the command completed successfully:

gam user tim.burton add drivefileacl 0B8aCWH-xLi2NckxXOEp5REUtNEE user patrick...@wonka.com role writer

Sebastian Brockmann

Aug 11, 2016, 3:08:23 AM8/11/16
to Google Apps Manager
Hey just a quick question : how do i get the file id and the permission id of a file that i do not own. i cant figure out where i can find them

cheers
sebastian