Re: [GAM] Owner of a Deleted file

Message has been deleted

Ross Scroggs

Jun 11, 2019, 10:56:08 AM6/11/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Kevin,

Do: gam report drive  filters 'doc_id==put file id here'
Do you get any results? If not, the file wasn't accessed in the last 450 days.

Ross

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 7:48 AM KS <kvnsa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello.

I want to find the owner name of a deleted Google Drive. We are on G Suite Basic edition and unable to find details from Activity view.

Please suggest a command, following command didn't work : It says file not found.

gam user <username> show drivefileacl <fileid>

Thanks, Kevin

Message has been deleted

Steve - DynTech

Jun 12, 2019, 1:04:05 PM6/12/19
to GAM for G Suite
Ross - because they are on basic they don't have access to the Drive Audit report where that gam command pulls from. ie, this url does not work for them: https://admin.google.com/AdminHome?hl=en#Reports:subtab=drive-audit

KS - Perhaps try printing out all the files of all files deletes by all users in your domain. If you know anything else about the file that can help narrow it down

gam config auto_batch_min 1 num_threads 20 redirect csv ./DeletedFiles.csv multiprocess all users print filelist showownedby me query "trashed = true"

If you know it's a sheet perhaps try
gam config auto_batch_min 1 num_threads 20 redirect csv ./DeletedFiles.csv multiprocess all users print filelist showownedby me query "trashed = true and mimeType = 'application/vnd.google-apps.spreadsheet'"

On Wednesday, 12 June 2019 03:12:05 UTC-5, KS wrote:
Hello Ross,

Thank you for reply. Please find attached screenshot - I am trying this on 4.86 GAM version, it is showing "Got 0 items."
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Steve - DynTech

Jun 14, 2019, 8:31:46 AM6/14/19
to GAM for G Suite
You will need gamadv-xtd3 for that command

On Friday, 14 June 2019 04:04:21 UTC-5, KS wrote:
Hello Steve,

We have tried but getting a syntax error. Please advise.