Ability to add objects to a user's "My Drive"?

Scott W

Nov 18, 2014, 2:57:26 PM11/18/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

as above I'm wondering if there is a nice way of adding an object - in this case the root folder of a shared file structure - to a set of users without having to get them to click on a sharing link and getting them to add it to their "My Drive"
I see you can do a similar function with adding calendar's to ones list of calendars so there must be some way of doing it.

Cheers
Scott

Nathan Guenther

Dec 9, 2014, 7:24:55 PM12/9/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Yes please, such a simple thing that would make so much sense for many users. I don't think it is possible unfortunately.

+KimNilsson

Dec 12, 2014, 5:06:08 PM12/12/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Nathan is right, on both accounts.

Simon Cheng

Mar 16, 2015, 3:59:23 PM3/16/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it is possible. Use the following command:

gam.exe group <GroupToReceiveSharedFolder> update drivefile id <FolderIDToAddToMyDriveOfGroup> parentid root

The secret to this is that the top folder of a user's drive has id "root".