Getting error 600 when requesting domain info

MarcusWebb1966

May 30, 2012, 5:35:53 AM5/30/12
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I just authorised my API key and provided the info to GAM as I started using it. I then tried to issue the following command:
 gam info domain

and the following was returned to me:
Google Apps Domain: ******.com
Error: 600: Unknown Error: {'status': 403, 'body': '<HTML>\n<HEAD>\n<TITLE>Domain cannot use API</TITLE>\n</HEAD>\n<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" TEXT="#000000">\n<H1>Domain cannot use API</H1>\n<H2>Error 403</H2>\n</BODY>\n</HTML>\n', 'reason': 'Domain cannot use API'}

What am I doing wrong and what do I need to do to correct this?

Kind Regards
Marcus

Jay Lee

May 30, 2012, 5:46:51 AM5/30/12
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Is the Provisioning API turned on?

Is this Google Apps Free or is it Business or Education?

Regards,

Jay Lee
LCS Deployment Lead  | Dito
(267) 712-9533
j...@ditoweb.com

Sreejith Menon

May 30, 2012, 5:48:06 AM5/30/12
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hello Marcus,

Have you enabled API access in the GApps control panel ? It can be seen under Domain settings/User settings.

Regards,
Sreejith Menon

Marcus Webb

May 30, 2012, 6:09:50 AM5/30/12
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi and thanks to both of you

I had indeed forgotten to switch on the Provisioning API. This has now been done and it is working. Thanks again for all your assistance!

Regards
Marcus