delete all users in an organization unit

KNM Zeder

Jun 28, 2022, 1:55:00 PM6/28/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

how can I delete all users in a specific organization unit "my-orgunit"?

If I try to delete the users in the admin console, I get the error
"can't delete them because of VAULT." - but VAULT is not active for
them. Is it possible to delete them with gam?

Micha

Mailadresse nur für die interne Kommunikation in der Wichern-Schule.

Bitte immer statt Namen die Pseudonyme verwenden.

Ross Scroggs

Jun 28, 2022, 2:14:02 PM6/28/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Micha,

You can try the following but you will probably get the same error:
Standard GAM

gam print users limittoou /my-orgunit | gam csv - gam delete user "~primaryEmail"

Advanced GAM

gam delete users ou /my-orgunit

Ross

Sergio Alvarez

Jun 28, 2022, 10:02:23 PM6/28/22
to GAM for Google Workspace

Hi,

I would say that you can first export users and filter by OU, then delete users using the CSV already filtered, two steps but it is safer