gam update group | ERROR: value for isArchived must be one of ...

User 3902

Aug 7, 2019, 6:29:22 PM8/7/19
to GAM for G Suite
Hi there. I've got an error when trying to update a group's isArchived property. Here is my line:

gam update group erpteam@domain.com is_archived true

What I get back is:

ERROR: value for isArchived must be one of ,
-, true:, Archive, messages, sent, to, the, group.,
-, false:, Do, not, keep, an, archive, of, messages, sent, to, this, group., If, false,, previously, archived, messages, remain, in, the, archive.. Got true.

I've recently upgraded to GAM 4.90 and I am on Windows 10 x64 v1803. I'm using my Super Admin account to authenticate and have the following scopes enabled:

gam oauth info

OAuth File: C:\GAM\oauth2.txt
Client ID: CLIENT_ID
Scopes (30):
  openid
G Suite Admin: SUPER...@DOMAIN.COM
Expires: 2019-08-07T15:54:51.949713
audience: (sensitive? please let me know if posting value would help)
user_id: USER_ID
verified_email: True
access_type: offline

As noted I've recently upgraded to v4.90 but I don't know the last time I tried to update a group so I'm not implying the latest release made a breaking change, just including the information. I am also getting this error when trying to update different groups and different settings e.g.:

gam update group h...@domain.com show_in_group_directory false

ERROR: value for showInGroupDirectory must be one of ,
-, true:, All, groups, in, the, account, are, listed, in, the, Groups, directory.,
-, false:, All, groups, in, the, account, are, not, listed, in, the, directory.. Got false.

I am able to perform other actions like reset user passwords, print users and groups, deprovision users, create and delete groups etc.. I tried creating a new group and modifying its settings... no dice.

Any ideas? Is there more info I can provide or steps I should take? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

Ross Scroggs

Aug 7, 2019, 6:49:37 PM8/7/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Basic Gam 4.90 can not update group settings due to Google change that broke the code.
I've submitted a fix to Jay to correct the problem but he hasn't applied it yet.
You can wait for Jay to apply the fix or you can use Advanced GAM (https://github.com/taers232c/GAMADV-XTD3)
that did not get broken by the change.

Ross

User 3902

Aug 7, 2019, 6:59:28 PM8/7/19
to GAM for G Suite
I see. I wondered if the recent changes had anything to do with this...

Thank you for clarifying Ross, and for your PR. I will wait for an update rather than move to GAM-ADV at this time, my group settings changes are not too urgent and that seems the simpler approach for me.

Thanks again.

Ross Scroggs

Samuel

Aug 12, 2019, 3:46:07 AM8/12/19
to GAM for G Suite
This error is now fixed in GAM 4.91

User 3902

Aug 12, 2019, 12:09:49 PM8/12/19
to GAM for G Suite
Thanks for the update Samuel.

Thanks to Ross for the fix and Jay for the merge. Jay, glad to see you were able to enjoy a vacation!

Cheers