Error: 1410 - Feature Unavailable for User when Attemping to manage delegation

Thomas Burford

Aug 19, 2015, 2:45:22 PM8/19/15
to Google Apps Manager
I'm attempting to manage delegation of any and all newly created Google accounts, and when I do so it gives me this error (Error: 1410 - Feature Unavailable for User).

I can still manage delegation to older accounts; however, any account I create now either through GAM or the admin interface throws this error when I attempt to manage delegation.

Has anyone else ran into this issue? Users can still delegate access on their own, it's just through the utility that I'm running into an error.

Jay Lee

Aug 19, 2015, 2:48:37 PM8/19/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com

Is the user in an OU that has Gmail enabled? Is the user suspended or required to change password on first login?

Gmail must be enabled, user can't be suspended nor can a password change be required in order for delegation to work.

Jay

Thomas Burford

Aug 19, 2015, 2:56:02 PM8/19/15
to Google Apps Manager
Yes, the user is in an OU with Gmail enabled.

The account is not suspended and is not being required to change password on first login.

Jay Lee

Aug 19, 2015, 2:57:35 PM8/19/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com

What dies:

gam info user <email>

Show for the new user and the delegate?

Jay

On Aug 19, 2015 2:56 PM, "Thomas Burford" <tbur...@ashland.edu> wrote:
Yes, the user is in an OU with Gmail enabled.

The account is not suspended and is not being required to change password on first login.

Thomas Burford

Aug 19, 2015, 3:12:27 PM8/19/15
to Google Apps Manager
I think I may have figured out the problem.

After creating the account and attempting to delegate access immediately, I receive the error; however, after logging onto the account and accepting the initial user agreement and then delegating access it allows me to do so. So, it appears that you have to log onto an account and agree to the terms prior to delegation.

Matt

Aug 19, 2015, 11:43:02 PM8/19/15
to Google Apps Manager
I am getting the error message 1410 as well.

gam info user for effected users are:

gam info user glycomicsresearch

User: glycomic...@griffith.edu.au

First Name: GlycomicsResearch

Last Name: Griffith

Is a Super Admin: False

Is Delegated Admin: False

Has Agreed to Terms: False

IP Whitelisted: False

Account Suspended: False

Must Change Password: False

Google Unique ID: 104733064925778796851

Customer ID: C01xvmi3z

Mailbox is setup: False

Included in GAL: True

Creation Time: 2015-08-20T03:14:51.000Z

Last login time: Never

Google Org Unit Path: /Shared Email

Custom Schemas:

Non-Editable Aliases:

  glycomic...@ga.griffith.edu.au

  glycomic...@gu.edu.au

Licenses:

And

gam info user n.kristensen

User: n.kris...@griffith.edu.au

First Name: Nina

Last Name: Kristensen

Is a Super Admin: False

Is Delegated Admin: False

Has Agreed to Terms: True

IP Whitelisted: False

Account Suspended: False

Must Change Password: False

Google Unique ID: 107902748392936141995

Customer ID: C01xvmi3z

Mailbox is setup: True

Included in GAL: True

Creation Time: 2011-11-03T04:38:34.000Z

Last login time: 2015-08-19T23:06:01.000Z

Google Org Unit Path: /

I am also getting the error for gam user <email> show delegates

This is occurring for newly created accounts.

Thanks,

Matt

On Thursday, 20 August 2015 04:57:35 UTC+10, Jay Lee wrote:

What dies:

gam info user <email>

Show for the new user and the delegate?

Jay

On Aug 19, 2015 2:56 PM, "Thomas Burford" <tbur...@ashland.edu> wrote:
Yes, the user is in an OU with Gmail enabled.

The account is not suspended and is not being required to change password on first login.

Sacha Labourey

Aug 20, 2015, 4:45:23 AM8/20/15
to Google Apps Manager
I'm wondering if this is a timing issue when creating new accounts.

I see there is another report on the ML about the same issue but for an unrelated command (IMAP settings). And on my side, I have plenty of problems with the exact same 1410 error when doing a "gam user XXX filter to x...@domain.com LabelName archive". It fails at each time. Then I wait, do nothing, and suddenly it works. I already had a similar issue with adding a calendar to newly created user (and still have the problem). When I execute it as part of my script (i.e. less than a second after creating the user), it fails telling me my OAuth settings are not properly set, and if I simply wait a bit, then execute the same command (I had it echo'ed on the line and so simply copy/paste it), it then works. Wondering if there is not a timing issue with the GAPPS back-end...

Jose Gonzalez Sanchez

Aug 20, 2015, 7:39:03 AM8/20/15
to Google Apps Manager
It seems that when the user is created the "Google Apps email" box on your profile (control panel) is not checked. This causes the account can not be delegated by API, activate IMAP/POP, etc...

This occurs since yesterday

Regards.

Jay Lee

Aug 20, 2015, 7:43:44 AM8/20/15
On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 11:43 PM Matt <m.a...@griffith.edu.au> wrote:
I am getting the error message 1410 as well.

gam info user for effected users are:

gam info user glycomicsresearch

User: glycomic...@griffith.edu.au

<snip>

Mailbox is setup: False

There's the issue. If mailbox is not setup then no Gmail actions (delegate, imap, etc) can be performed. This is usually pretty quick but can sometimes take awhile.

I'd suggest having your scripts check the value with something like:

gam print users query email:new...@example.com ismailboxsetup

and wait for True to be in the result before attempting email settings on the account.

Jay
--

Jay Lee

Jose Gonzalez Sanchez

Aug 20, 2015, 8:22:24 AM8/20/15
to Google Apps Manager
It seems that by accepting the terms and conditions of the account, the "Google Apps email" box is automatically checked and all problems are solved.
Unfortunately, this is not an option for me.

gam print users query email:...@example.com ismailboxsetup

and wait for True to be in the result before attempting email settings on the account.

Jay
--

Jay Lee

Karen Whiteaker

Aug 20, 2015, 2:36:41 PM8/20/15
to Google Apps Manager
I started getting the "Error 1410 - Feature Unavailable for User" error when running GAM commands (show sendas, show delegates, show forward) on new accounts starting Tuesday morning and have had a case in to Google since then and they've been investigating.  They just now said they've gotten multiple cases about this and they are still investigating..

This electronic message contains information from WestRock Company (www.westrock.com) or its subsidiaries, which may be confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be disclosed to and used by only the named recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient, then your review, use, disclosure, printing, copying, or distribution of this message or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify WestRock immediately at postm...@westrock.com, and delete the message from your system.  Unless previously authorized in writing, this message does not constitute an offer, acceptance, or agreement of any kind. Sender is not liable for damage, errors or omissions related to or caused by transmission of this message.  © WestRock Company.

Matt

Matt

Aug 20, 2015, 11:31:22 PM8/20/15
to Google Apps Manager
Sending a test email to the mailbox will also complete the mailbox setup so that it can then be delegated.

Alberto Martínez

Aug 21, 2015, 6:58:48 AM8/21/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,

Thank you for your discovery. We are now sending a greeting email before making further configuration and it works.

Sacha Labourey

Aug 21, 2015, 7:17:22 AM8/21/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Isn't this essentially transforming a synchronous process into an asynchronous one? Which is less than ideal for setting up accounts as part of scripts..

Michael Cristallo

Aug 21, 2015, 1:10:26 PM8/21/15
to Google Apps Manager
I had the same issue trying to do delegations. Waited 12 hours after creation and nothing. Sent the account an e-mail and within 5 seconds the mailbox became active and I could delegate.

Google isn't acknowledging there's an issue because "It may take up to 24 hours for an account to be completely setup" and according to them there are no other complaints being submitted.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-apps-manager.

Karen Whiteaker

Aug 21, 2015, 1:17:57 PM8/21/15
to Google Apps Manager
Google just notified us that the issue has been resolved, and accounts are now getting "initialized" at creation time again.  I am now able to run GAM commands against the accounts successfully.