Users Drive files ?

Jason Komendat

Jul 16, 2024, 10:03:46 AM (18 hours ago) Jul 16
to GAM for Google Workspace
I suspect the answer is no but thought I'd ask. Is there any way for a list of users to get a list of their drive files they have shared out? Looking to see what damage we'll do if we delete a bunch of old accounts.

ie they had. aspreadsheet shared out people still use and its tghere because the account is suspended but if we delete it its gone

✉ Kevin Melillo

Jul 16, 2024, 10:12:14 AM (18 hours ago) Jul 16
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
If you want to remove the user, but make sure that all documents are kept, then you can do a document transfer.  We usually do this transfer to the manager of the employee that left, but this can also be done to one central account.  All permissions for the documents are kept in tact, the owner is just changed to the new account.

On Tue, Jul 16, 2024 at 10:03 AM 'Jason Komendat' via GAM for Google Workspace <google-ap...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
I suspect the answer is no but thought I'd ask. Is there any way for a list of users to get a list of their drive files they have shared out? Looking to see what damage we'll do if we delete a bunch of old accounts.

ie they had. aspreadsheet shared out people still use and its tghere because the account is suspended but if we delete it its gone

NOTICE: This communication and any response to it may constitute a public record, and therefore, may be available upon request under Iowa public records law, Iowa Code Chapter 22.

Ross Scroggs

Jul 16, 2024, 10:15:44 AM (18 hours ago) Jul 16
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I'm assuming a CSV file (Users.csv) with  column: email

gam redirect stdout - multiprocess redirect stderr stdout redirect csv ./UsersSharedFiles.csv multiprocess csv Users.csv gam user "~email" print filelist fields id,name,mimetype,basicpermissions filepath pm not role owner em pmfilter oneitemperrow
# redirect stdout - multiprocess redirect stderr stdout - Clean progress reporting
# redirect csv ./UsersSharedFiles.csv multiprocess csv - Output file
# csv Users.csv - Input file
# gam user "~email" print filelist fields id,name,mimetype,basicpermissions - Basic command with desired fields
# filepath - Show path to file
# pm not role owner em pmfilter oneitemperrow - Only display files with an ACL other that owner

This will give you one row per file/external share combination

Ross
----
Ross Scroggs

On Jul 16, 2024, at 7:03 AM, 'Jason Komendat' via GAM for Google Workspace <google-ap...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

I suspect the answer is no but thought I'd ask. Is there any way for a list of users to get a list of their drive files they have shared out? Looking to see what damage we'll do if we delete a bunch of old accounts.

ie they had. aspreadsheet shared out people still use and its tghere because the account is suspended but if we delete it its gone

Jason Komendat

Jul 16, 2024, 10:16:42 AM (18 hours ago) Jul 16
to GAM for Google Workspace
I know we can transfer files. I have a list of hundreds of accounts with who knows how many files in their drive, If they are not shared and in use by others I can delete them I don;t want to save terabytes of data thats not needed but I cannot find a way of knowing if any of these users accounts have files still in sue by someone else

Jason Komendat

Jul 16, 2024, 10:19:58 AM (18 hours ago) Jul 16
to GAM for Google Workspace
Ross,
   I'm not sure just external share is what I need. A suspended accountg may have files shared to internal users thats primarlily what I'm looking to see if we can find before purging these old accounts

Ross Scroggs

Jul 16, 2024, 10:28:39 AM (18 hours ago) Jul 16
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
The command I showed lists all sharing, internal and external.

Ross
----
Ross Scroggs

Jason Komendat

Jul 16, 2024, 11:36:32 AM (17 hours ago) Jul 16
to GAM for Google Workspace
I had to break up my list into several CSVs for it to run but this worked perfectly, thansk for the help