Uploading files in bulk to Google Drive

Rick B.

Jun 30, 2014, 2:42:13 PM6/30/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
The entire contents of a user's Google Drive can be downloaded with a single query command, but how about uploading? Can multiple files or entire folders be uploaded?

The above is the syntax for uploading files. I see "filename" but no "foldername" or anything that indicates multiple files at once.

My goal is to download all of our users' Drive contents re-upload them to their respective accounts in a new Google Apps domain. I think I've got the download part figured out, but uploading may be an issue... I believe a script which cycles through a list of users/folders/files and uploads them one by one to the appropriate account is possible. I may pursue this assuming the worst. :-)

Ed Hillis

Jun 30, 2014, 10:58:27 PM6/30/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I'm considering doing the same. The two main drawbacks I see are that 1) folder hierarchy is not preserved, and 2) the Google doc format must be converted to Word, OpenOffice, or another format. I haven't found a better solution, though. Please update with your experience if you go this route.

Thanks!
Ed

Ed Hillis
Web Programmer, Information Services
Southwestern University, Georgetown, Texas

Steve S

Jan 25, 2017, 8:00:53 PM1/25/17
to GAM for G Suite
Rick,
This post is really old, but I was wondering if you figured something out for uploading a bunch of files that were downloaded using GAM.  Do you remember if you had any luck?

Steve