Invalid Input Error when setting organizations.department from batch CSV

Aaron Goodwin

Jan 23, 2018, 9:48:33 PM1/23/18
to GAM for G Suite
Hello, I'm not super-experienced, but I've been doing fairly well until now.

I've created a .csv so I can do some batch updates for users' directory information. IIRC, I've used this one before and it worked, so I'm fairly stumped.

I'm running

gam csv /Users/aaronlmgoodwin/bin/gam/2018-01-23-staff-updates.csv gam update user ~email organizations.department ~department

And it's returning this error

ERROR: 400: Invalid Input: [organizations] - invalid

Here's a link to the CSV I'm pulling from: http://l.gdwn.co/KLdetl

I thought it might be something with spaces so I added straight quotes, but that didn't seem to help.

I'd really appreciate any help on this—thinks.

Ross Scroggs

Jan 23, 2018, 9:56:44 PM1/23/18
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Aaron,

gam csv /Users/aaronlmgoodwin/bin/gam/2018-01-23-staff-updates.csv gam update user ~email organizations department ~department primary

Drop the dot between organizations and department, add primary to the end.

Aaron Goodwin