GAM Dropping Everything After "." in Bulk Processing for Fields?

Matthaniel Cowell

Sep 11, 2019, 2:43:42 PM9/11/19
to GAM for G Suite
I have a weird issue that I cannot seem to get past. When I attempt to import a user via CSV, I get the following error:

User: de...@domain.com, Create Failed: Invalid Input: [demo@domain, notifyaccount@domain, WelcomeFile]

The command I'm using is:
gam csv testimport.csv gam create user ~NewEmail changepasswordatnextlogin ~ChangePassword firstname ~FirstName lastname ~LastName password ~Password ou ~OrgUnitNoQuote address type work unstructured ~WorkAddress primary organization type work name "Company Name" title ~EmployeeTitle department "Restaurants" symbol "REST" costcenter "REST" primary phone type work value ~WorkPhone primary phone type mobile value ~MobilePhone notprimary relation manager ~ManagerEmail relation partner ~Partner primaryEmail ~NewEmail notify ~OldEmail file WelcomeFile.html html

My testimport.csv file looks like the below:
FirstName,LastName,OldEmail,NewEmail,Password,PasswordHash,OrgUnit,OrgUnitNoQuote,NewPrimaryEmail,RecoveryEmail,HomeSecEmail,WorkSecEmail,RecoveryPhone,WorkPhone,HomePhone,MobilePhone,WorkAddress,HomeAddress,EmpID,EmpType,EmployeeTitle,ManagerEmail,Department,Partner,CostCenter,BuildingID,FloorName,FloorSection,ChangePassword,Status
Test,User,notify...@domain.com,de...@domain.com,test123!#,,'/Office Team',/Office Team,de...@domain.com,,,,,(555) 555-5555,,(444) 444-4444,"125 E. Main Street, Anytown, IL 34590",,,,Assistant Manager,man...@domain.com,Restaurant,rest,,IL,,,TRUE,Active

I am running GAMADV-XTD3 4.94.06 with Windows Powershell on Windows 10 1903.

What am I doing wrong?

Matthaniel Cowell

Sep 12, 2019, 12:30:59 PM9/12/19
to GAM for G Suite
For those reviewing this:

My issue was with my command having the primaryEmail argument when adding a new user. With help from Ross, we found that there's a bug in the error messaging, but removing the primaryEmail argument got me past the problem I experienced as described here.

Thanks Ross for your time and patience!

Test,User,notifyaccount@domain.com,de...@domain.com,test123!#,,'/Office Team',/Office Team,de...@domain.com,,,,,(555) 555-5555,,(444) 444-4444,"125 E. Main Street, Anytown, IL 34590",,,,Assistant Manager,man...@domain.com,Restaurant,rest,,IL,,,TRUE,Active