Re: Always reply from default address

Rakesh Singh

Mar 29, 2023, 8:31:39 AM3/29/23
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Dear Team,

How to set an alias as always reply from the default address from gam command ?

Warm Regards
Rakesh Kumar Singh
Deputy Manager (Information Technology) - SpiceJet Ltd
319 | Udyog Vihar | Phase IV | Gurgaon - 122016| India
cid:image004.jpg@01D74FE6.117CC160

Ross Scroggs

Mar 29, 2023, 9:09:01 AM3/29/23
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Rakesh,

There is no API setting for this, you can do it manually like this

You can do this in bulk with a CSV file UserAlias.csv with two columns: email,alias
gam csv UserAlias.csv gam user "~email" update sendas "~alias" replyto "~email"

Ross
----
Ross Scroggs

<image001.jpg>

Rakesh Singh

Ross Scroggs

Mar 29, 2023, 2:31:41 PM3/29/23
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Rakesh,

Send me a Meet/Zoom invitation so I can better understand your request.

Ross

Rakesh Singh

Mar 29, 2023, 2:43:57 PM3/29/23
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Dear Ross,

Please o through the attached screenshot.
I had marked the requirement.

Screenshot_20230330_000702.jpg
Screenshot_20230330_000649.jpg
IMG_20230330_001105.jpg
IMG_20230330_000926.jpg

Rakesh Singh

Mar 29, 2023, 2:47:12 PM3/29/23
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Dear Ross,

I have to change default reply address for 1000+ users so, please suggest the the gam command to do this.

Ross Scroggs

Mar 29, 2023, 2:48:19 PM3/29/23
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I can help when you send me a Meet/Zoom invitation.

Ross

Ross Scroggs

Mar 29, 2023, 2:57:57 PM3/29/23
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
You can do this in bulk with a CSV file UserDefault.csv with two columns: email,defaultaddress
gam csv UserDefault.csv gam user "~email" update sendas "~defaultaddress" default

Rakesh Singh

Mar 30, 2023, 2:42:31 AM3/30/23
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
After entering the command it shows the below error.

command-: gam user "~deepa...@spicejet.com" update sendas "~deepa...@spicexpress.com" default

ERROR: User ~deepa...@spicejet.com: invalid_grant: Invalid email or User ID

Warm Regards
Rakesh Kumar Singh
Deputy Manager (Information Technology) - SpiceJet Ltd
319 | Udyog Vihar | Phase IV | Gurgaon - 122016| India
cid:image004.jpg@01D74FE6.117CC160

Temple Rodgers

Mar 30, 2023, 3:08:15 AM3/30/23
to GAM for Google Workspace
Rakesh, I think you just need to remove the quotation marks:

gam user ~email update sendas ~defaultaddress default

Rakesh Singh

Mar 30, 2023, 3:14:28 AM3/30/23
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, it works.