Change Owner of Drive Files

David Warby

Feb 4, 2014, 11:40:00 AM2/4/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to change the owner of drive files using the GAM tool?  I am currently running GAM 3.04.

Is there a place to find the full capabilities of GAM?  The Getting Started wiki only seems to reference user account, email, groups and calendar options.

Thank you,
-David

Michael West

Feb 5, 2014, 10:14:36 AM2/5/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
This wiki I believe has all the GAM commands and examples.

Simon Cheng

Mar 16, 2015, 4:08:38 PM3/16/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Someone please let me know if I'm breaking etiquette by resurrecting an old thread.

In order to change the owner of a drive file/folder, you add the permission to the object with role as owner. See here: https://github.com/jay0lee/GAM/wiki/GoogleDriveManagement#adding-permissions-to-a-filefolder-for-a-user

When you add an owner, the previous owner gets demoted to a writer, or at least that's what my testing has shown me.