Checking to see if user account is added to all resources across the domain

John C

Jan 24, 2020, 2:44:36 PM1/24/20
to GAM for G Suite
I am having some trouble trying to figure out the best way to do this, I need to verify if a user account is added to each resource in my domain. Any suggestions on how to do this?

Ross Scroggs

Jan 24, 2020, 4:24:17 PM1/24/20
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
John,

With Advanced GAM (https://github.com/taers232c/GAMADV-XTD3) you could do this:
Generate a list of Resource ACLs, only save rows where us...@domain.com (substitute with actual value) has an ACL.

gam config csv_output_row_filter "scope.value:regex:us...@domain.com" redirect csv ./UserResources.csv print resources acls

Generate a list of Resources, no filtering

gam redirect csv ./AllResources.csv print resources

For every row in AllResources.csv is there a corresponding row (same resourceId) in UserResources.csv? If not you need to add an ACL.

Ross

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 11:44 AM 'John C' via GAM for G Suite <google-ap...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
I am having some trouble trying to figure out the best way to do this, I need to verify if a user account is added to each resource in my domain. Any suggestions on how to do this?

John C

Jan 24, 2020, 4:50:47 PM1/24/20
to GAM for G Suite
Hi Ross,

This is an interesting way to solve the problem moving forward, however I am not sure if I will be able to get the approval to make this change in a timely manner. Do you happen to know if with Advanced GAM allows for exporting the resources? I'm thinking I might be able to drop them into an array and then bulk add this singular user to every resource, I am not familiar enough with GAM to know what is actually possible.

-John

gam config csv_output_row_filter "scope.valu...@domain.com" redirect csv ./UserResources.csv print resources acls

Ross Scroggs