Group Membership Not Showing For Some External Members

Taylor Donato

Oct 14, 2021, 4:55:34 AM10/14/21
to GAM for Google Workspace
Testing out GAM as I try to understand the best way to audit our domain to find all groups an external user is a member of. For some reason, group membership seems to be missing for some external users.

See below an example for a test group (Gro...@dinopilot.co). Searching for "demo...@pinger.com" shows up as a member of Group1. But searching for "us...@softvision.com" does NOT show any group membership. Why is this?

The first command shows all current members of Group1, 3 external and 1 licensed user of the dinopilot.co domain.

Thanks,
Taylor

-----

 ~/bin/gamadv-xtd3
 $ gam group Group1 print users fields name
Getting all Members, Managers, Owners for gro...@dinopilot.co, may take some time on a large Group...
Got 4 Members, Managers, Owners for gro...@dinopilot.co...
User: demo...@pinger.com, Service not applicable/Does not exist (1/4)
User: us...@softvision.com, Service not applicable/Does not exist (3/4)
User: us...@truelogic.io, Service not applicable/Does not exist (4/4)
primaryEmail,name.givenName,name.familyName,name.fullName
dinot...@dinopilot.co,Dino Taylor,TEST,Dino Taylor TEST

 ~/bin/gamadv-xtd3
 $ gam print groups member demo...@pinger.com
Getting all Groups that match query (Member=demo...@pinger.com), may take some time on a large Google Workspace Account...
email

 ~/bin/gamadv-xtd3
 $ gam print groups member us...@softvision.com
Getting all Groups that match query (Member=us...@softvision.com), may take some time on a large Google Workspace Account...
Got 0 Groups:  -
email

Ross Scroggs

Oct 14, 2021, 11:19:20 AM10/14/21
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Taylor,

It's a known Google issue but I thought someone said they addressed it; maybe not,
Do:
gam print group-members group gro...@dinopilot.co
For the external user of interest get the id and then do:
gam print groups member id:123455678

Ross

Taylor Donato

Oct 14, 2021, 12:17:55 PM10/14/21