Getting Error Message about my computer clock

Don Beck

Oct 18, 2021, 11:59:00 AM10/18/21
to GAM for Google Workspace
I am getting the following errors:

ERROR: Please correct your system time
ERROR: Token used too early, 1634572527 < 1634572532. Check that your computer's clock is set correctly.

My computer is set to update time automatically and is showing the correct local time

Ross Scroggs

Oct 18, 2021, 12:03:19 PM10/18/21
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Don,

Google made a change to a library that compares your system time to theirs; it used to be that there was a 10 second allowance for difference.
Now there is a 0 second allowance; I have notified Google that this is not good.
In the meantime, as your are off by 5 seconds, manually tell your system to sync its time.

Ross

PLEASE NOTE
The information in this E-Mail message is legally privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual(s) named above.  If you, the reader of this message, are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you should not further disseminate, distribute, or forward this E-mail message.  If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender. Thank you!

Don Beck

Oct 18, 2021, 12:09:52 PM10/18/21
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ross

I tried that a couple of times to no avail.  Even rebooted but still the same error.

Thanks,

Don

Don Beck

Director of Systems & Technology

Meriwether Godsey, Inc.

Meriwether Godsey

(434) 849-7323 (office)

(434) 258-1775 (cell)

 P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "GAM for Google Workspace" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-apps-manager/CAJkvRS_ORZXBm0Rq3nfPMcoHbQMphnRR92-G3fyZ%3Dh%2B7x9FE-g%40mail.gmail.com.

Ross Scroggs

Oct 18, 2021, 12:15:14 PM10/18/21
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Don,

What does this show: gam version extended

Ross

Don Beck

Oct 18, 2021, 12:25:40 PM10/18/21
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
c:\GamWork>gam version extended
GAMADV-XTD3 6.08.07 - https://github.com/taers232c/GAMADV-XTD3 - pyinstaller
Ross Scroggs <ross.s...@gmail.com>
Python 3.9.7 64-bit final
Windows 10 10.0.19043 SP0 Multiprocessor Free AMD64
Config File: C:\GamConfig\gam.cfg, Section: DEFAULT, customer_id: C04bisqpb, domain: merig.com
Your system time differs from admin.googleapis.com by less than 1 second
OpenSSL 1.1.1l  24 Aug 2021
cryptography 35.0.0
google-api-python-client 2.23.0
admin.googleapis.com connects using TLSv1.3 TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384

Thanks,

Don

Don Beck

Director of Systems & Technology

Meriwether Godsey, Inc.

Meriwether Godsey

(434) 849-7323 (office)

(434) 258-1775 (cell)

 P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Ross Scroggs

Oct 18, 2021, 12:29:01 PM10/18/21
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Don,

I'm building a new version that reverts the Google Auth library to before the clock skew change from 10 to 0.

Ross

Ross Scroggs

Oct 18, 2021, 1:14:42 PM10/18/21
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Don,

Try 6.08.24

Ross

Don Beck

Matthew Weiner

Oct 18, 2021, 3:32:48 PM10/18/21
to GAM for Google Workspace
So that's what the problem is, I thought I was facing some kind of really crazy edge case with my system clock.  My "grab and go" GAM machine is a Chromebook Linux prompt and about 95% of the time recently it gives me a time error but the Chromebook is synced to Google's own time source so I can't adjust the clock.

6.08.24 works well for me, I'm no longer facing that problem.

jzsjr

May 2, 2024, 2:35:05 PMMay 2
to GAM for Google Workspace
This is happening with me using GAMADV-XTD3 6.75.02.  Do I need to go back to 6.08.24 as well?

Thank you,
Jim

Ross Scroggs

May 2, 2024, 2:58:11 PMMay 2
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Send me a Meet/Zoom invitation
gam version extended

Your system time differs from admin.googleapis.com by less than 1 second

What is the value from above?

gam config clock_skew_in_seconds N save
Set N to some value bigger that the value show,

Correct your system time.

Ross
----
Ross Scroggs