Shared Dept Contacts

Matt Colwell

Jun 27, 2024, 1:33:17 PM (6 days ago) Jun 27
to GAM for Google Workspace
I'm looking for a way to create a shared contact list for a department - shared with a few dozen users in our domain.

It looks like the only way to do this might be to script something out to create/maintain it on an individual user basis.  I'm sure I can make this work if I put enough effort into it, but I thought I'd check here in case there's an easier solution that I'm overlooking.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Ross Scroggs

Jul 1, 2024, 10:38:43 AM (2 days ago) Jul 1
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Matt,

Make a CSV file Contacts.csv with the desired fields

email,phone,firstname,lastname

us...@domain.com,12345,Bob,Smith

us...@domain.com,67890,Mary,Jones

Make a group with your few dozen users as members, gr...@domain.com; rename as desired.

gam redirect stdout ./CreateContacts.txt multiprocess redirect stderr stdout csv Contacts.csv gam group gr...@domain.com create contact email work "~email" primary phone work "~phone" primary firstname "~firstname" lastname "~lastname"

Ross
----
Ross Scroggs