GAMADV-XTD3 fails to remove 3 suspended members using OU sync to group email

HankH

Mar 29, 2020, 8:38:22 PM3/29/20
to GAM for G Suite
GAM is not removing a few specific suspended users from my group email. Even after changing the OU of these users it refuses to remove them from the email.

This command works on all other groups.

I am using the following command:
gam update group anongroup@anonorg.org sync member notsuspended ou_and_children "/My/Anon A-B/Group of 2028"

Getting this result:
Getting all Users in the Organizational Unit for /My/Anon A-B/Group of 2028, may take some time on a large Organizational Unit...
Got 11 Users in the Organizational Unit for /My/Anon A-B/Group of 2028...
Got 11 Users in the Organizational Unit for /My/Anon A-B/Group of 2028
Getting all Members for anon...@anonorg.org, may take some time on a large Group...
Got 14 Members for anon...@anonorg.org...
Group: anon...@anonorg.org, Remove 0 Members
Group: anon...@anonorg.org, Add 0 Members

You can see that it properly finds 11 notsuspended users in the OU.
It correctly finds that there are 14 members currently in the email group.
It incorrectly Removes 0 Members.

HankH

Mar 29, 2020, 8:49:39 PM3/29/20
to GAM for G Suite
Upon further inspection it is failing to remove any suspended users.

I tried this with another OU and group and it didn't remove any of the suspended members.

Ross Scroggs

Mar 29, 2020, 9:32:11 PM3/29/20
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hank,

GAMADV-XTD3 didn't delete any suspended users because you told it not to: notsuspended.

By default, when synchronizing members from groups or organization units, all users, whether suspended or not, are included.

  • notsuspended - Do not include suspended users, this is common
  • suspended - Only include suspended users, this is not common but allows creating groups that allow easy identification of suspended users
Are you trying to sync with the non-suspended users from ou_and_children "/My/Anon A-B/Group of 2028"
If so, drop notsuspended and say: ou_and_children_ns "/My/Anon A-B/Group of 2028

Ross