Any plans to incorporated the new Gmail API?

Elliot Shafii

Jul 23, 2014, 9:46:09 AM7/23/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jay,

Do you have any plans to incorporate the Gmail API into GAM?

Cheers - Elliott

Mehboob Alam

Aug 2, 2014, 7:59:28 PM8/2/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
+1

Jay Lee

Aug 2, 2014, 8:01:50 PM8/2/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com

No current plans.

What would you do with such gmail sorry? What use cases do you have?

--
Jay Lee
Sent from my Moto X

Elliott Shafii

Aug 4, 2014, 4:00:57 AM8/4/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jay,

There are some things in the new Gmail API that you cannot do with the Email Settings API. The main thing I'd like to be able to do it editing labels. When migrating mail into Gmail there may be some issues where users are using a reserved folder name in the legacy platform. This then migrates folder as labels with the full name (for example archive/project-x) and you would have to manually rename all these labels to clean this up for the user to remove the 'archive'.

It could save a huge amount of time when deploying and also make the experience for the end user much better when they first start using the new platform.

There is also users.history seems interesting - https://developers.google.com/gmail/api/v1/reference/users/history/list

Kind regards,
Elliott

Graham Ingleby

Aug 14, 2014, 12:28:58 PM8/14/14
to GAM group
+1 the labels usage, so many Outlook users have labels un INBOX

 Graham Ingleby |  Cloud Computing Consultant |  01344 203395 | ging...@ancoris.com

This message is for the named person's use only. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender. Ancoris reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Ancoris Limited, Registered in England Number: 04830784, Registered address: 5a Frascati Way, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 4UY. Trading Address: Lily Hill House, Lily Hill Road, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 2SJ

Elliot Shafii

Feb 13, 2015, 5:58:44 AM2/13/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jay,

I see from GAM 3.32 that renaming labels is now supported. Can you let me know the parameters to use this? I can see from the source code that you have implemented a search, merge and replace option? Can you detail the syntax?

Great work!

Thanks - Elliott

On Sunday, 3 August 2014 01:01:50 UTC+1, Jay Lee wrote:

No current plans.

What would you do with such gmail sorry? What use cases do you have?

--
Jay Lee
Sent from my Moto X

On Aug 2, 2014 7:59 PM, "Mehboob Alam" <med...@gmail.com> wrote:
+1

On Wednesday, July 23, 2014 9:46:09 AM UTC-4, Elliot Shafii wrote:
Hey Jay,

Do you have any plans to incorporate the Gmail API into GAM?

Cheers - Elliott

Kevin Jordan

Feb 16, 2015, 5:45:28 AM2/16/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I've done some testing, and for the instances where a user has been migrated with the "INBOX/" at the beginning of each label, because there is a sub-folder under their inbox in the users old platform, it seems that if you run the command:

gam user userName update label

This seems to automatically "fix" this label issue and remove the "INBOX/" at the beginning of the label names, returning to the correct folder structure.

However, a little more information on the search, merge and replace options Elliott as mentioned would still be very useful.

Thanks
Kevin