Temp error. Backing off 16 seconds...attempt 5/10 - Printing users who forward mail.

Joey Pistone

Oct 1, 2013, 5:20:21 PM10/1/13
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
When I ran this command against my domain

python gam.py all users show forward | grep -v "Enabled:false"

I got this error

Temp error. Backing off 16 seconds...attempt 5/10
Temp error. Backing off 32 seconds...^Cclose failed in file object destructor:
sys.excepthook is missing
lost sys.stderr

Anyone have any insight?

Edouard Paumier

Oct 4, 2013, 10:53:04 AM10/4/13
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I am getting the same errors:

Giving my.user@domain.com delegate access to my.other.user@domain.com (1 of 1)

Temp error. Backing off 16 seconds...attempt 5/10
Temp error. Backing off 32 seconds...attempt 6/10
Temp error. Backing off 60 seconds...attempt 7/10
Temp error. Backing off 60 seconds...attempt 8/10

I have not made any particular change to my configuration.

***  Confidentiality statement and Disclaimer  ***
This message and any attachments are confidential, intended solely for the addresses and may contain legally privileged information. Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. Electronic transmissions are likely to
be altered. Neither Faiveley Transport nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the electronic transmission if altered, changed or falsified.
If you are not one of the addressee(s) (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person) you are not an intended recipient and you are hereby notified that you may not read, use, copy or deliver the message to anyone for any purpose. Instead you should destroy this message [alt. delete this message from your system] and kindly notify the sender by reply mail. Please observe that opinions, conclusions and other information in this message not relating to the official business of my firm shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. Further, electronic transmissions may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and unauthorised amendment, and neither I nor my firm accept liability for any such corruption, interception or amendment or the consequences thereof.
*** End of statement ***

Edouard Paumier

Oct 4, 2013, 11:01:00 AM10/4/13
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
It seems like it is python related.

Temp error. Backing off 60 seconds...attempt 8/10
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/test/test/gam-python/gam.py", line 6069, in <module>
    doDelegates
(users)

File "/test/test/gam-python/gam.py", line 821, in doDelegates
    callGData
(service=emailsettings, function='CreateDelegate', throw_errors=[600, 1000, 1001], delegate=use_delegate_address, delegator=delegator)

File "/test/test/gam-python/gam.py", line 307, in callGData
    terminating_error
= checkErrorCode(e, service)

File "/test/test/gam-python/gam.py", line 172, in checkErrorCode

Edouard Paumier

Oct 4, 2013, 11:09:12 AM10/4/13
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
It is working again now for no particular reason.