Chrome OS Management problem with Location field

Michael West

Sep 30, 2013, 10:29:03 AM9/30/13
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I am using GAM to update my Chrome OS device information.  I can update notes, org, and user just fine.  When I update location it says that it performs the request and does not return an error message, but it doesn't actually make the change.  Another colleague and I do our management through GAM and his installation acts in the same way.  I think this is a bug, but wanted to see if anyone else if having this issue.

Michael West

Oct 1, 2013, 1:45:04 PM10/1/13
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone else seen this behavior?  Is this working for anyone?

Trey Staton

Oct 2, 2013, 9:30:09 AM10/2/13
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
This is not working for us either.  For what it's worth, I posted this question to the group a month back and heard no response.

Trey Staton
Technology
Polk County Schools

tst...@polkschools.org
828.894.1008

Mark Blair

Nov 1, 2013, 3:24:25 PM11/1/13
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I am also experiencing this issue when using GAM to update my Chrome OS device location.

Mark Blair

Nov 4, 2013, 11:31:06 AM11/4/13
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Michael,

Here is the solution to this issue:
  1. edit the gam.py file
  2. on line 3572 change anotatedLocation to annotatedLocation
  3. save the changes and run the script again and the location field will update.
I have sent an email to Jay at dittoweb.com with this fix as well so that he can update the code.

Mark

Michael West

Nov 13, 2013, 8:40:08 AM11/13/13
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
This has been fixed in 3.03.  Used it today and updated all my Chromebooks successfully.