Internal sharing options for user calendars

Matthew Russell

Feb 25, 2019, 7:04:47 PM2/25/19
to GAM for G Suite
Hi.  I need to change a setting for a bunch of users on their primary calendars.  The setting "Internal sharing options for XYZ company"/"Access Permissions" needs to be set to "Only Free/Busy Information (Hide Details)"
Can I set this tickbox using GAM?  what would be the command line argument?

e.g. GAM Calendar us...@domain.com update .....?

Thanks in advance
Matt

+KimNilsson

Mar 4, 2019, 4:41:29 AM3/4/19
to GAM for G Suite
gam calendar CalendarID add acls freebusyreader default

CalendarID for Primary calendars is the user's own email address.
You may have to replace add with update for users that already have the setting, or maybe add will take care of the update too.

Mohan, Kushal

May 13, 2019, 6:09:27 AM5/13/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kim,

Even I have the same query and I was able to update the checkbox under Access permissions using the command below.

gam calendar CalendarID update freebusy domain <domain name>

Is there a was we can run this on an OU level?

Regards.

ITV plc (Registration No. 4967001) (ITV) is incorporated in England and Wales with its registered office at 2 Waterhouse Square, 140 Holborn, London EC1N 2AE. Please visit www.itv.com for further information.

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential, copyrighted and/or privileged information.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us and delete it.  Recipients should scan the email and any attachments for their own protection.

We reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications, as permitted by applicable law and regulations.

For details of how we process personal data, please see the privacy notices for each of ITV's business areas at http://www.itv.com/groupprivacy

Ian Bevan

From: +KimNilsson <there.is....@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 at 15:12
To: GAM for G Suite

gam calendar CalendarID add acls freebusyreader default

CalendarID for Primary calendars is the user's own email address.
You may have to replace add with update for users that already have the setting, or maybe add will take care of the update too.

Mohan, Kushal

May 13, 2019, 9:56:14 AM5/13/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ian,

I know we have "only free.busy information (hide events details) " option checked for internal primary calendars.

Issue is since users can change the settings themselves they uncheck the option under access permissions to make their calendar private, we were wondering if we could have a script in place running every morning which will make their calendar available for everyone in the organisation.

Now, i found the GAM command as shared below to make calendar public but was wondering is there a way we can run this for a sub-OU every day? We need this script in place just for one of our international offices and not everyone( i mean one sub-OU)

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards.

Christian

May 13, 2019, 12:21:54 PM5/13/19
to GAM for G Suite
Hi,

I'm pretty new to GAM so more experienced users probably have a better way..

I have just done this is to enable freebusyreader for some users, first run a command to export a list of users in an OU to a csv

gam print users allfields > users.csv

I then filtered the list to the OU needed. I wasn't able to export the OU I required as my OU names have gaps in them which I think is the reason I can't export a list of users in specific OU's. I could try to rename OU's but that would risk breaking scripts that already exist.

Then to modify the permissions I run the gam calendar command against the csv file which contains the names of the users I need.

gam csv stafftest.csv gam calendar ~Email update freebusyreader domain yourdomain.com

Regards
Chris
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-apps-manager+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

ITV plc (Registration No. 4967001) (ITV) is incorporated in England and Wales with its registered office at 2 Waterhouse Square, 140 Holborn, London EC1N 2AE. Please visit www.itv.com for further information.

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential, copyrighted and/or privileged information.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us and delete it.  Recipients should scan the email and any attachments for their own protection.

We reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications, as permitted by applicable law and regulations.

For details of how we process personal data, please see the privacy notices for each of ITV's business areas at http://www.itv.com/groupprivacy

Message has been deleted

+KimNilsson

May 13, 2019, 12:47:24 PM5/13/19
to GAM for G Suite
I'm pretty sure this should work.

gam ou /Path/to/Staff/OU print users allfields > staff.csv

gam csv staff.csv gam calendar ~Email update freebusyreader domain yourdomain.com

Ross Scroggs

May 13, 2019, 1:06:48 PM5/13/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Kim,

Your command will only work in Advanced GAM; the following will work in Basic GAM.

gam print users query "orgUnitPath='/Path/to/Staff/OU'" allfields > staff.csv

Ross

Mohan, Kushal

May 13, 2019, 1:32:24 PM5/13/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com