Is GAM affected by the same July 15 Google Service change July 15 as the chromebookInventory add-on?

Ben Houseward

Jun 14, 2019, 2:07:52 PM6/14/19
to GAM for G Suite
Is anyone else using the chromebookInventory sheets add-on to update their Chromebook asset tags, user, notes, OU etc?

I used it today and the note from the developer said the following:
As of July 15th, this add-on will no longer be available. The add-on was built using a Google service that will no longer be supported.

This add-on has been invaluable, but I am sure that GAM can handle this same task. However, the mention of a Google Service going away in a month made me wonder if GAM would also be affected by this change, or maybe the change had more to do with sheets add-ons and not Chrome management API calls.

Does anyone know what Google services might be affected on July 15th, and if GAM will be affected by any of them?

Thanks!

Ben Houseward

Jun 14, 2019, 3:30:48 PM6/14/19
to GAM for G Suite
I found this link for Apps Script that lists the UI service sunsetting on July 15, 2019:

I suspect that is the service that chromebookInventory uses, which should not have any effect on GAM. Hooray!

Jay Lee

Jun 14, 2019, 3:34:21 PM6/14/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Yep, GAM is not affected.

Avrohom Eliezer Friedman

Jun 16, 2019, 2:54:40 AM6/16/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
ugg - i used it all the time - super easy tool to use - I guess i'll have to figure out how to use GAM for these commands - but it was so easy that it was all out of google sheets

-----
Avrohom Eliezer Friedman
IT Director

Yeshiva Toras Chaim Toras Emes
305-944-5344 x222 (o)
305-494-2055 (cell)
aefri...@ytcteam.org

+KimNilsson

Jun 16, 2019, 12:49:21 PM6/16/19
to GAM for G Suite
Avrohom, I put together this little thing to replace Chromebookinventory.
It doesn't display all data that CI does, but you can add more if you want, and the update feature is separate, which in my view is a good thing.

Avrohom Eliezer Friedman

Jun 16, 2019, 12:57:14 PM6/16/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
wow - amazing - i will have to try it out :)

Thanks!!!!

-----