How many people here script in Python?

Wesley Strong

Jan 18, 2022, 9:57:10 AM1/18/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
Hey folks -

I've been running a Python script in Google Collab for about 6 months now to handle dataset processing for our Google updates. I've set it up so that it creates CSVs that are used by a GAM batch to update all our data.

I am going to be writing about this on my blog sometime soon, but curious if there's others out there doing something similar. There's stuff my script does that is site specific and other stuff that might be applicable elsewhere, but I'm curious how many people might find use for it :)

-Wes Strong

Eric Dannewitz

Jan 22, 2022, 10:08:47 PM1/22/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I have SEVERAL Python/Shell/Powershell scripts for GAM

I think the most complicated one is a Python Script that pulls student email addresses from our Aeries database, writes out a bunch of CSV files, then calls GAM via Powershell to update Google email Groups from the CSV files. It’s for our counselors in the district, and using Advanced GAM, the updating takes very little time (it updates like 80 something lists with several thousand students). Fun stuff.

Eric Dannewitz
Technology Assistant/Tech Acalanes Union High School District
District Office Technology Department
Google Cloud Certified Administrator & G Suite
Google Certified Educator Level 1 & 2

Gareth Palmer

Jan 24, 2022, 12:19:01 AM1/24/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
I've built something along those lines.

Mine, from a couple of spreadsheets, creates / updates users in my Active Directory, performs a sync between the AD and Google, then creates all of the classrooms with learners and teachers already placed. Took about 4 days work, and turned it into about 20 mins.