Finding unmanaged users

Gabriel Clifton

Feb 11, 2022, 7:31:54 PM2/11/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
Not sure what I am doing wrong, but I was trying to find any unmanaged user accounts that may still be lingering and I ran into an error.

C:\>gam user check isinvitable todrive
Command: gam user check >>>isinvitable<<< todrive

ERROR: Invalid choice (isinvitable): Expected <accept|add|append|archive|cancel|check|claim|clear|collect|copy|create|dedup|delegate|delete|deprovision|draft|draftemail|empty|filter|forward|get|hide|imap|import|importemail|info|insert|insertemail|label|language|list|modify|move|pop|print|profile|purge|remove|sendas|sendemail|show|signature|signout|spam|suspend|sync|transfer|trash|turnoff2sv|undelete|unhide|unsuspend|untrash|update|vacation|waitformailbox|watch|wipe>
Help: Syntax in file C:\GAMADV-XTD3\GamCommands.txt
Help: Documentation is at https://github.com/taers232c/GAMADV-XTD3/wiki

Ross Scroggs

Feb 11, 2022, 8:26:35 PM2/11/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Gabriel,

Try: gam print userinvitations todrive

Gabriel Clifton

Feb 14, 2022, 12:39:30 PM2/14/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Ross. Does anyone know if Google has anything like Apple or Microsoft to where I can claim ownership of these accounts so that I can disable/delete them? That list has 18 accounts and three of them have an update time of 2018 and the rest are 2016 so I doubt that sending an invitation would do any good, but the accounts, I believe, are still active making them a good point of attack, Someone gets ahold of the accounts and sends malicious messages to our domain.

I have seen that list many times in Admin Console and I have always wondered what I can do with them.

--

Gabriel Clifton | Network Administrator

Fort Stockton ISD | Technology Center
gabriel...@fsisd.net | http://www.fsisd.net
Office (432) 336-4055 ext 2

Fax (432) 336-4050
1204 W. Second St.,
Fort Stockton, TX 79735

Please note: Although we may sometimes respond to email, text, and phone calls instantly at all hours of the day, our regular support hours are 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. We may need to wait until the next school day to attend to your issue. All issues are worked on a first-come, first-served basis depending on severity, and issues with proper work orders submitted are handled first.

Confidentiality notice: The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or their agent, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply email and delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.
"You must always be willing to work without applause."
— Ernest Hemingway

"You just have to find that thing that's special about you that distinguishes you from all the others, and through true talent, hard work, and passion, anything can happen."
— Dr. Dre

Drew Coughlin

Feb 14, 2022, 12:56:59 PM2/14/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
I believe you may be looking for the un-managed  user transfer interface here:

Unless there is an elegant way to search that list I'm unaware of, may any user you wish to convert be at the top of the list ...

Gabriel Clifton

Feb 14, 2022, 1:00:41 PM2/14/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that still requires interaction from the user that owns the account. If they have not used their account in 4+ years, I don't think that would work.

Gabriel Clifton

Feb 14, 2022, 1:05:00 PM2/14/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Geez, it looks like I can create the account within our Workspace which would force them to change their account. What a headache. I don't really need the accounts as each person is no longer here. But I must do this to take them over.

Kim Nilsson

Feb 15, 2022, 4:43:31 AM2/15/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
Yeah, I usually do that, and put those accounts in an OU by themselves and set a reminder to myself to remove them at a later date.

James SEYMOUR

Jun 23, 2022, 11:13:44 PM6/23/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone run into issues with these where;-
  • you can't cancel the invite because it has not been sent
  • you can't send the invite as the user does not exist
  • but, you can't create the user as they already exist
  • and you can't delete as they don't exist
Even after manually creating the user, I seem to be stuck in a loop where the user seems to "exist' somewhere and nowhere at the same time.

Regards

James Seymour
Head of Systems and Communication
[t] +673.24.11.000  Ext 1203
[Time Zone] GMT +8 Hours

  I'm using Inbox When Ready to protect my focus.

On Tue, 15 Feb 2022 at 17:43, Kim Nilsson <there.is.no...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yeah, I usually do that, and put those accounts in an OU by themselves and set a reminder to myself to remove them at a later date.

Jerudong International School
https://www.jerudonginternationalschool.com
Follow us on:
http://www.facebook.com/jisbruneidarussalam http://www.twitter.com/jisbrunei http://www.instagram.com/jisbrunei https://www.youtube.com/user/JISBrunei https://www.flickr.com/photos/133960569@N03/albums