Unable to get local issuer certificate

Alexander Bishop

Jun 27, 2024, 3:06:03 PM (6 days ago) Jun 27
to GAM for Google Workspace
I have the following error when trying to enter my Google Workspace Admin email address with my new install:

ERROR: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1002)

I also have this error for AWS commands but use  --no-verify-ssl at the end of any command.

Is there a similar option here?

Ross Scroggs

Jun 27, 2024, 3:07:42 PM (6 days ago) Jun 27
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Alexander,

Send me a Meet/Zoom invitation and I'll help.

Ross
----
Ross Scroggs

Jay Lee

Jun 27, 2024, 3:12:23 PM (6 days ago) Jun 27
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
The error indicates a proxy or firewall is performing TLS inspectionof your network traffic which breaks server verification. See:

Jay

✉ Kevin Melillo

Jun 28, 2024, 7:22:20 AM (5 days ago) Jun 28
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I was getting this error for about 2 months (on WSL), which forced me to use the cloud shell instance instead of the local instance of GAM.  This happened both on and off VPN, from multiple networks, so I am still unconviced this was a firewall issue.  Our IT team was unable to provide any fix for this.  What fixed it?  I moved to a new Mac, installed, and it just worked.

I still do not know what caused it.  But I can move on now that it is resolved for me.

Jay Lee

Jun 28, 2024, 7:51:46 AM (5 days ago) Jun 28
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
If you're running on Linux or MacOS try running :

curl -vvvv --insecure  https://admin.googleapis.com/

And share the output here (shouldn't be any sensitive/private content.

Id expect to see information about a TLS certificate that's NOT Google's but might point the finger at the offending network appliance/software.

Jay