GAM

Andrew Schiess

Nov 19, 2014, 6:09:41 PM11/19/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I recently updated accounts in my domain to add a number to the EmployeeID field using the following:

gam update user $($entry.email) externalID organization $($entry.employeeid)

(I hadn't updated GAM to the csv supported version yet.)

And while it completed successfully and I have no reason to believe it missed any, I want to turn around and print a list of users and this employeeID value associated with them so I can put the file in SQL and do some comparisons with another business system. Not clear on what syntax I could use.

Jay Lee

Nov 19, 2014, 6:15:43 PM11/19/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Try:

gam print users organization todrive

Andrew Schiess

Nov 19, 2014, 6:28:01 PM11/19/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I get this for the headers of the file:

primaryEmailorganizations.0.costCenterorganizations.0.customTypeorganizations.0.departmentorganizations.0.descriptionorganizations.0.title

and no values in anything other than primaryEmail

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014, 6:12 PM Andrew Schiess <andrew....@boiseschools.org> wrote:
I recently updated accounts in my domain to add a number to the EmployeeID field using the following:

gam update user $($entry.email) externalID organization $($entry.employeeid)

(I hadn't updated GAM to the csv supported version yet.)

And while it completed successfully and I have no reason to believe it missed any, I want to turn around and print a list of users and this employeeID value associated with them so I can put the file in SQL and do some comparisons with another business system. Not clear on what syntax I could use.

Jay Lee

Nov 19, 2014, 6:30:02 PM11/19/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, misread your email. Try:

gam print users externalid

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-apps-manager.

Andrew Schiess

Nov 19, 2014, 6:43:07 PM11/19/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
primaryEmailexternalIds.0.customTypeexternalIds.0.typeexternalIds.0.value

Again no values in the three fields.

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014, 6:28 PM Andrew Schiess <andrew....@boiseschools.org> wrote:
[...]

Jay Lee

Nov 19, 2014, 6:48:19 PM11/19/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Doesn't sound like the values got set properly then. What does "gam info user <email>" for someone show?

Jay Lee

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-apps-manager.

Andrew Schiess

Nov 19, 2014, 6:54:28 PM11/19/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Along with the rest of the user info (names, email aliases, groups) about the me, it does have a section:

External IDs:
  type: Employee ID
  value: <my employee id>

Jay Lee

And while it completed successfully and I have no reason to believe it missed any, I want to turn around and print a list of users and this employeeID value associated with them so I can put the file in SQL and do some comparisons with another business system. Not clear on what syntax I could should use.

Andrew Schiess

Nov 19, 2014, 6:55:52 PM11/19/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I take that back
type: organization

Jay Lee

Nov 19, 2014, 6:56:24 PM11/19/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
And you're updated to 3.42?

Andrew Schiess

Nov 19, 2014, 6:58:37 PM11/19/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
3.41
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-apps-manager+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Andrew Schiess

Nov 19, 2014, 7:12:44 PM11/19/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Jay I just upgraded to 3.42, then did gam print users externalid query "my OU" > users.csv and it printed what i want.

Was it just the version of GAM? In any case, I appreciate your willingness to assist someone at my level. Thank you so much for your work on this invaluable tool.