GAM Syntax for multiple names when delegating a gmail user file

Edith Keil-Reeve

Jan 17, 2018, 3:27:13 PM1/17/18
to GAM for G Suite
We are migrating our mailin databases from Lotus Notes to GMAIL. Collaborative Inboxes do not work for us in these situations, so we created user mailboxes.

I need to delegate anywhere are from 5 - 15 users for these 9 newly created GMAIL accounts. (more to follow)

What is the correct syntax for the below command, instead of entering each one line by line.

gam user LNmailin@mydomain delegate to FN.LN1
gam user LNmailin@mydomain delegate to FN.LN2
gam user LNmailin@mydomain delegate to FN.LN3
gam user LNmailin@mydomain delegate to FN.LN4
gam user LNmailin@mydomain delegate to FN.LN5

gam user LNmailin2@mydomain delegate to FN.LN1
gam user LNmailin2@mydomain delegate to FN.LN2
gam user LNmailin2@mydomain delegate to FN.LN3
gam user LNmailin2@mydomain delegate to FN.LN4
gam user LNmailin2@mydomain delegate to FN.LN5
gam user LNmailin2@mydomain delegate to FN.LN6
gam user LNmailin2@mydomain delegate to FN.LN7

Thanks in advance - Edith

Ross Scroggs

Jan 17, 2018, 4:18:13 PM1/17/18
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Edith,

What you show is the only available option; one delegation per line.

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: This email is only intended for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain privileged and confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by reply email and then delete this message from your system. Do not copy or use it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.

✉ Kevin Melillo

Jan 17, 2018, 4:24:37 PM1/17/18
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
You can use a CSV file, with the following format userlist.csv

delegator,delegatee
LNmailin,fn.ln1
LNmailin,fn.ln2
LNmailin,fn.ln3
LNmailin2,fn.ln1
LNmailin2,fn.ln2
LNmailin2,fn.ln3

Then use a command similar to the following:

gam csv userlist.csv gam user ~delegator delegate to ~delegatee

It will then thread the commands.

Kevin Melillo
Electronic Communications Analyst
Information Technology
445 Hoes Lane
Piscataway, NJ 08854

Phone:732-465-6609 | Mobile: 732-609-4331

Edith Keil-Reeve

Jan 17, 2018, 5:28:20 PM1/17/18
to GAM for G Suite
Kevin - Thanks so much for this quick response. I tested this syntax with my name and this worked!!!

You are a life saver - this will save me so much time!!!