Bulk export Drive Files of multiple users to independent folders

Gustavo Aristi

Dec 31, 2014, 12:17:30 PM12/31/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I have been trying to build a script to automate the process of archiving the Google Drive of suspended accounts in my company.

I believe I am close to a good solution however there is an issue with the script since it export all the files to one single location and I need it to be organized on folders.

The command I am using so far for this is:

gam csv suspended.csv gam user ~email get drivefile query "'me' in owners" format microsoft targetfolder "C:\TEST"

I have also tried by transferring ownership because when you manually do so in Google Admin Console, a folder labeled as the source user is created in the target Google Drive. For this I was using this other command:

gam csv suspended.csv gam user ~email transfer drive targe...@mbnd.com

I stopped using the above one since it was not creating folders in the target either plus they were not showing under "My Drive" on the target although they were indeed transferred.

Any help would be appreciated.

THANKS!

+KimNilsson

Jan 2, 2015, 11:58:15 AM1/2/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I think that isn't possible.
Unfortunately, I believe such a download can't create folders. It only grabs all files and sticks them in one place.