gam audit export request fails with "Temp error."

Chris Buckley

Jan 27, 2014, 8:47:04 PM1/27/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I'm seeing issues when trying to do mailbox exports using gam. The command "gam audit export request mye...@myappsdomain.com includedeleted" repeatedly gives me the following output:

Temp error. Backing off 16 seconds...attempt 5/10
Temp error. Backing off 32 seconds...attempt 6/10
Temp error. Backing off 60 seconds...attempt 7/10
Temp error. Backing off 60 seconds...attempt 8/10
Temp error. Backing off 60 seconds...attempt 9/10
Temp error. Backing off 60 seconds...attempt 10/10
Error: False

I'm seeing this with v3.03 and v3.04 on all the accounts that I've tried - it was working before the holidays on v3.03 with no issues. I tried reuploading my public key (which was successful), but I'm still seeing these errors.

Is anyone else seeing these errors? Could it be a Google API issue? Can I provide any more information/turn on more verbose error output?

Thanks!

Jay Lee

Jan 27, 2014, 10:03:23 PM1/27/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com

Have you confirmed that the email address you're typing is the primary address of the user and there are no typos? Have you tried running an audit for other users? Are you on google apps for business or education?

Jay
--
Jay Lee
Sent from my Moto X

Chris Buckley

Jan 27, 2014, 11:53:31 PM1/27/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jay,

Thanks for the response.

I can confirm that the email addresses are spelled correctly, and they are the users' primary addresses. I've tried 5 users in my biggest Google Apps for Business domain (I administer three).

The gam audit export request command works in one of these three Apps for Business domains, and fails in the way I detailed above on the other two on all the users that I have tried.

Cheers,
Chris

On Jan 27, 2014 9:46 PM, "Chris Buckley" <ckbu...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Michael S.

Jan 28, 2014, 8:31:06 AM1/28/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I have been receiving the same error also when trying to use search parameters when pulling a mailbox. When I remove the search parameters I am able to pull the users mailbox just fine.

Chris Buckley

Jan 28, 2014, 8:20:41 PM1/28/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
As of this morning (+10UTC), it looks like this is working again - from what we can see here it looks like it was an issue with the audit API and has been resolved at the Google end.

I've run multiple export requests with no issues.