Error after having configured GAM

User1 User1

Aug 6, 2017, 8:52:23 AM8/6/17
to GAM for G Suite
Hello,

I just finished to create a GAM project and configuring it.
However, the first GAM command I tried : "gam info org /" gave me this error :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gam.py", line 11190, in <module>
  File "gam.py", line 10578, in ProcessGAMCommand
  File "gam.py", line 8363, in doGetOrgInfo
KeyError: u'organizationUnits'
Failed to execute script gam

I have followed all the configuration steps, I really don't understand.

Thank you for your help.

Ross Scroggs

Aug 6, 2017, 9:37:46 AM8/6/17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
User1,

What OS are you on?
What version of GAM do you have? Do: gam version

User1 User1

Aug 6, 2017, 10:20:38 AM8/6/17
to GAM for G Suite
Hello Ross,

I am on Windows 10.
I'm using GAM 4.21.

On Aug 6, 2017, at 5:52 AM, User1 User1 <us...@cdt-w.xyz> wrote:

Hello,

I just finished to create a GAM project and configuring it.
However, the first GAM command I tried : "gam info org /" gave me this error :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gam.py", line 11190, in <module>
  File "gam.py", line 10578, in ProcessGAMCommand
  File "gam.py", line 8363, in doGetOrgInfo
KeyError: u'organizationUnits'
Failed to execute script gam

I have followed all the configuration steps, I really don't understand.

Thank you for your help.

Jay Lee

Aug 6, 2017, 10:50:24 AM8/6/17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Upgrade to the latest version. The error is also triggered by the fact that you have no sub orgs. If you run:

gam create org suborg

It should go away.

Jay

Ross Scroggs

Aug 6, 2017, 10:52:25 AM8/6/17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
That's a known problem with that version, get the lateest version: https://github.com/jay0lee/GAM/releases/tag/v4.23
Uninstall GAM 4.21
Install GAM 4.23 into the same directory that GAM 4.21 was in.
When the command prompt window pops up, hit control-C and terminate the batch job

You should be good to go.

Ross

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-apps-manager.

User1 User1

Aug 6, 2017, 11:19:35 AM8/6/17
to GAM for G Suite
Thank you very much !

For the moment, I added a sub Organization and indeed it works. I can write my script.

When I install the update, will I have to do all the configuration again with my project ?

Ross Scroggs

Aug 6, 2017, 11:39:46 AM8/6/17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
When I install the update, will I have to do all the configuration again with my project ?

No, the project/configuration information is the same. That's why you hit control-C to terminate that part of the setup.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-apps-manager.