Remove a secondary email address from a user

Nathan Griffiths

Aug 9, 2015, 8:27:38 PM8/9/15
to Google Apps Manager
In Google Apps admin console there seems to be a bug, where I cannot delete a (secondary) email address that was added in Contact Information for a user. If I clear the email address field and save changes, a message reports that changes have been saved but they have not in fact been saved and the secondary email address remains.

 I was hoping to use GAM to get around this issue, but although I can work out how to add or update a secondary email address, I can't work out how to remove one. Can anyone help?

thanks,
Nathan

Curtis Nelson

Sep 4, 2015, 8:23:43 PM9/4/15
to Google Apps Manager
I can't figure out how to use GAM to add or update a secondary email address. How do you accomplish that? If you can do that, what would happen if you set the secondary to be the same as the primary? I wonder if the secondary would auto-magically dissappear. I am wanting to remove the secondary from all of my user accounts...

Thanks for any thoughts you may have...
Curt

Jacob J. Walker

Sep 17, 2015, 3:47:50 AM9/17/15
to Google Apps Manager
Did you ever get an answer to this?  I too am trying to figure out how to use GAM to set a user's secondary email address.

Ross Scroggs

Sep 17, 2015, 12:08:08 PM9/17/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
You add secondary emails like this:

gam update user f...@bar.com otheremail home f...@home.com otheremail custom Magic f...@magic.com

gam info user f...@bar.com

You have to specify the full list of secondary emails each time, the update is not incremental.

The current version of GAM does not have a way to clear the list, I can supply you a version that does if you let me know what your OS is.

I was successful in the Admin console by erasing the secondary address and then clicking Update User.

Ross

Nathan Griffiths

Jacob J. Walker

Ross Scroggs

Sep 18, 2015, 10:04:21 AM9/18/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Jacob,

What i showed is the command line to add a secondary email, yes it is like phones.

gam update user f...@bar.com otheremail home f...@home.com otheremail custom Magic f...@magic.com

otheremail work <EmailAddress>
otheremail home <EmailAddress>
otheremail other <EmailAddress>
otheremail custom <String> <EmailAddress>

Unlike phone, there is no type keyword before work home other custom and there is no primary notprimary at the end.

Ross

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-apps-manager.