Wipe & Block Mobiles of suspended users

Prashant Nagaraj

Jul 8, 2024, 2:06:46 AM (9 days ago) Jul 8
to GAM for Google Workspace
Hello All,

What we do now is that when a user exits our organization, we suspend the user's account, move it to specific OU = exitedpersons, add them to a group name exited...@domain.com

What I am looking for a GAM command to do the below tasks on the mobile devices that belong to exited users.
- Generate a report of mobile devices that belong to suspended accounts

Since all of our devices are BYOD, we just need to remove the ORG data from these mobile devices as:
- If the OS is Androids : do wipe as this will only remove the work related data / work profile
- For iOS  : delete the devices
- For both the OS, block them afterwards

BTW, we have Google Enterprise Plus License, enabled Advanced MDM in GWS.

Please let me know how to do this

Prashant Nagaraj

Jul 10, 2024, 9:12:55 AM (7 days ago) Jul 10
to GAM for Google Workspace
Anyone can help me ?

✉ Kevin Melillo

Jul 11, 2024, 7:40:07 AM (6 days ago) Jul 11
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
This is how I have it scripted using bash currently.

gam print mobile query "email:$userEmail" >> ~/gam-data/tmp.mobile-data.csv

gam csv ~/gam-data/tmp.mobile-data.csv gam update mobile ~resourceId action account_wipe

rm ~/gam-data/tmp.mobile-data.csv

You can substitute $userEmail with the actual email address.