Turn off forwarding in bulk

Melissa Benson

Jan 13, 2015, 9:05:09 AM1/13/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com

 If I have a list of users who I want to turn OFF forwarding for can I do that using GAM?

I see the below turns it ON..how would I turn it off?

gam user eclapton forward on ecla...@music.com delete

And how would I do it in bulk? Can I use a batch file?

+KimNilsson

Jan 13, 2015, 10:43:31 AM1/13/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Yes, Melissa.

You can always use a bach files, since that is just the same command run many, many times, with the necessary information edited on each line.

When you use a CSV the syntax is like this:

gam csv passwords.csv gam update user ~Email password ~Password
Where ~Email and ~Password are two of the column headers in your spreadsheet, containing the necessary information for each user.

Read the Wiki here:

In your case, the command should be

gam csv list-of-usernames.csv gam user ~Email forward off
So, your spreadsheet need only a single column of usernames (complete emails, or just the part before @ if there is only one such user). The header in the username column must be Email, or else you must change the command I put above. Then you export the spreadsheet to a CSV and reference it correcly in the above command.