How to change all user passwords at once using GAM

ContentCaribou

Aug 1, 2012, 3:17:25 PM8/1/12
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hello.

I have a simple question: Is it possible, with the current release of GAM, to change all user's passwords to the  same thing? I know you can do certain bulk operations, I'm just not sure if this is one of them.

Thank you  in advance for your advice!

Maykel Cano

Aug 1, 2012, 5:52:52 PM8/1/12
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aaron.

I hope that this be useful:

$list = Import-Csv data.csv
foreach ($entry in $list)
  {
    .\gam update user $($entry.user) password $($entry.pass)
  }

Regards.

Maykel Cano Serrano
Consultant

Intelligence Partner
Gobelas, 17 Planta baja - 28023 Madrid

Tlf: 628 872 669  Email: mc...@intelligencepartner.com

http://www.intelligencepartner.com

¿Sabes qué puede hacer Google Apps?   Pulsa aquí

¿Sabes qué dicen los clientes de Google Apps?  Pulsa aquí

¿Sabes qué dicen los clientes de Intelligence Partner? Pulsa aquí

ContentCaribou

Aug 6, 2012, 11:29:59 AM8/6/12
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Maykel,

First of all, thanks for your help, I just have one quick question. In your example " .\gam update user $($entry.user) password $($entry.pass) ", would I replace the word "password" with the desired new password for all users?

Thanks,
ContentCaribou

Jay Lee

Aug 6, 2012, 12:23:52 PM8/6/12
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
You'd want to change that line to:

.\gam update user $($entry.user) password YourPasswordForAllUsers

Regards,

Jay Lee
LCS Deployment Lead   |  ⚡ Dito

ContentCaribou

Aug 8, 2012, 4:30:22 PM8/8/12
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Thank you to both of you! These tips combined work perfectly!

If either of you are involved with the development of GAM, let me just say that it is a marvelous little tool, I love it!

Justin Arendt

Dec 21, 2023, 10:37:28 AM12/21/23
to GAM for Google Workspace
gam all users update user changepassword off/on

OR

To set a password for everyone:

gam print users | gam csv - gam update user ~primaryEmail password PUTPASSWORDHERE