Attempting to update an organizational unit

Russell Mendoza

Apr 3, 2020, 6:01:38 PM4/3/20
to GAM for G Suite
I'm currently trying to bulk move a few folks from a domain to a new Organizational Unit. My code is below:

gam csv /Users/russellmendoza/kingOU.csv gam update user ~primaryEmail ou ~orgUnitPath

I have exported a csv file containing the emails with the column names: primaryEmail, name.fullName, orgUnitPath, suspended, and suspensionReason. I'm currently getting the no such user or named directory: primaryEmail error. I've tried different variations to the syntax but haven't been able to get past this step.

Any help I can get on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Ross Scroggs

Apr 3, 2020, 10:56:33 PM4/3/20
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Russell,

It's a shell issue, use quotes as follows:

gam csv /Users/russellmendoza/kingOU.csv gam update user "~primaryEmail" ou "~orgUnitPath"