update label not working for colored labels

Christine Schmidt

Apr 24, 2019, 12:43:38 PM4/24/19
to GAM for G Suite
Hello,

when trying to rename labels that are colored in Gmail I receive the following error message:

ERROR: 400: Label color #ffad46 is not on the allowed color palette - invalidArgument

That's the GAM command I'm using:
gam user us...@domain.com update label search "^oldname" replace newname

Any idea how to solve this? Is it possible to change the color for all user labels?

Thanks

Ross Scroggs

Apr 24, 2019, 1:54:37 PM4/24/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Christine,

Indeed that color is not allowed, so try this:
gam user us...@domain.com update labelsettings oldname backgroundcolor #ffad47 name newname

Ross

Christine Schmidt

Apr 24, 2019, 2:15:12 PM4/24/19
to GAM for G Suite
Ross,

thank you, is there any way to change the backgroundcolor for all user labels instead of updating one by one?

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 9:44 AM Christine Schmidt <chrs...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

when trying to rename labels that are colored in Gmail I receive the following error message:

ERROR: 400: Label color #ffad46 is not on the allowed color palette - invalidArgument

That's the GAM command I'm using:
gam user us...@domain.com update label search "^oldname" replace newname

Any idea how to solve this? Is it possible to change the color for all user labels?

Thanks

Ross Scroggs

Ross Scroggs

Apr 24, 2019, 2:33:00 PM4/24/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Christine,

Not that I know of, the API supports updating individual labels.

Ross