New question about auditing email forwards

KCGAM30

Apr 15, 2014, 2:17:50 PM4/15/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
gam all users show forward outputs all my users' forwarding setting like the below
User josep...@thisdomain.com   Forward To Joe....@home.com   true  Action MARK_READ
User brett.t...@thisdomain.com   Forward To hitma...@gmail.com   true  Action KEEP

 This problem I am facing is that at first I thought I could use the below to list the forwarders for a specific OU using and it works
gam ou ThisIsMyOU show forward

Since I have about 100 OUs I need to find a way to output more information to be able to find managers of the people that have forwarding on.  If I can output the forwarding setting along with the OU would be great.  But the gam ou ThisIsMyOU show forward will need to loop through each OU each time.  Is there a better way to output the list of users forwarding settings to include what OU they are in?

onixterry

Apr 15, 2014, 3:31:28 PM4/15/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Run a second report using the "print users" command and include the "ou" in that report.  Then combine both reports into the same Google Spreadsheet.  You can then perform a "vlookup" so that you can pull the "ou" value into the forwarding report.  Once you know how to do it, this would take about 2 minutes to do.

Terry

KCGAM30

Apr 15, 2014, 3:42:41 PM4/15/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
What I have done is this:
cd "c:\program files\gam-64"
REM Get list of OUs
gam.exe print orgs name > c:\temp\orgsoutput.csv
REM Output Show Forwards
FOR /f "tokens=2 delims=," %%G IN (c:\temp\orgsoutput.csv) DO gam.exe ou %%G show forward >> c:\temp\%%Gwithou.txt
Del c:\temp\namewithou.txt

This is terribly inefficient because of each of the loops through the list of orgs it will grab all the users.  Any ideas how to make this work faster are appreciated.