Bulk delete user

Sơn Nguyễn Hoàng

Feb 18, 2016, 9:57:32 PM2/18/16
to Google Apps Manager
Hi all,

I'd like to delete about 200 - 250 user at once time in a Google Apps domain with 500 user. Please help me to find the most convenient way to bulk delete users!!

Thanks all very much!!!

Ross Scroggs

Feb 19, 2016, 10:11:03 AM2/19/16
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com

Sơn Nguyễn Hoàng

Feb 26, 2016, 5:47:59 AM2/26/16
to Google Apps Manager
Hi Ross,

Is this an app script? Can you tell me more details about this? How to use?

On Friday, February 19, 2016 at 10:11:03 PM UTC+7, Ross Scroggs wrote:
See:

Make a CSV file named DeleteUsers.csv with one column: User
User

gam csv DeleteUsers.csv gam delete user "~User"

Ross
On Feb 18, 2016, at 6:57 PM, Sơn Nguyễn Hoàng <nh...@gimasys.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I'd like to delete about 200 - 250 user at once time in a Google Apps domain with 500 user. Please help me to find the most convenient way to bulk delete users!!

Thanks all very much!!!

Ross Scroggs

Feb 26, 2016, 6:16:59 PM2/26/16
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
There is no script here: the two web links point to GAM documentation.
You produce the CSV in Excel or an equivalent program.
You issue a single GAM command to read the CSV file and perform the deletes.

Ross

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 2:47 AM, Sơn Nguyễn Hoàng <nh...@gimasys.com> wrote:
Hi Ross,

Is this an app script? Can you tell me more details about this? How to use?

On Friday, February 19, 2016 at 10:11:03 PM UTC+7, Ross Scroggs wrote:
See:

Make a CSV file named DeleteUsers.csv with one column: User
User

gam csv DeleteUsers.csv gam delete user "~User"

Ross
On Feb 18, 2016, at 6:57 PM, Sơn Nguyễn Hoàng <nh...@gimasys.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I'd like to delete about 200 - 250 user at once time in a Google Apps domain with 500 user. Please help me to find the most convenient way to bulk delete users!!

Thanks all very much!!!

Robby Cahayadi

Aug 11, 2016, 4:46:55 AM8/11/16
to Google Apps Manager
Hi there Ross,

I put the DeleteUsers.csv file in c:\gam folder, right?
I need more explanation of how to execute the command. What is the function of this "~User"?

Thank you,

Robby
Hi Ross,

Ross Scroggs

Aug 11, 2016, 9:06:03 AM8/11/16
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Robby,

This link explains bulk operations: https://github.com/jay0lee/GAM/wiki/BulkOperations
This command uses that feature: gam csv DeleteUsers.csv gam delete user "~User"
"~User" is the name of the column in the CSV file that contains the data you want; for each line in the CSV file, that data replaces "~User".
You can put DeleteUsers.csv wherever you want; with no path information Gam will look in your current working folder.
If it is in another folder, include the full path: gam csv c:\SomeWhere\DeleteUsers.csv gam delete user "~User"

Robby Cahayadi

Aug 12, 2016, 4:26:43 AM8/12/16
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Ross,

I'll give it a try first and I'll let you know.

Robby

Hi Ross,

Robby Cahayadi

Yayasan Gembala Baik