Trouble finding/deleting messages by MessageID

Casey Cotita

Aug 18, 2016, 8:33:08 PM8/18/16
to Google Apps Manager

Hello,

I'm trying to delete a message sent to 100 users in my domain, but when I tried it and a test message for this post, I'm getting the following error:

I've copied the message ID directly from the existing message in my own mailbox:

What might I be missing here?

GAM version 3.7 being used.

Casey Cotita

Aug 18, 2016, 9:14:17 PM8/18/16
to Google Apps Manager
For what it's worth, using something like this:
gam user casey.cotita delete messages query subject:Attachements

Isn't working either. Same error, "Does not exist".

Yes, I'm aware that the subject above appears to be misspelled, that's the one I'm looking for specifically and it's not working.

Casey Cotita

Aug 22, 2016, 11:27:04 AM8/22/16
to Google Apps Manager
Can I get some help on this? It's holding up a FERPA incident.

Ross Scroggs

Aug 22, 2016, 12:18:50 PM8/22/16
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Casey,

To use this version, you must update the list of authorized scopes for your Gam OAuth2 Client and Service Account.
Log on to the admin console as in steps 6.ii.c, d, e.
In the list of Authorized API clients, locate your Gam OAuth2 Client, copy the Client ID and then remove the entry.
Paste the Client ID into the Client name box as in step 6.ii.f, then do steps 6.ii.g and 6.ii.h.
You'll notice that the API Scopes - OAuth2 list has additional entries, these are what is required in Gam 3.7.
Skip down to step 6.iii.
In the list of Authorized API clients, locate your Gam Service Account, copy the Client ID and then remove the entry.
Paste the Client ID into the Client name box as in step 6.iii.c, then do steps 6.iii.d and 6.iii.e.
You'll notice that the API Scopes - Service Account list has additional entries, these are what is required in Gam 3.7.

Ross

Casey Cotita

Aug 22, 2016, 2:34:47 PM8/22/16
to Google Apps Manager
Thanks so much for the reply! I didn't know that 3.7 needed the new permissions.

I walked through the whole setup from start to finish, creating new .json files, setting permissions and finally running gam oauth request successfully.

After all that, I'm still getting the same errors :/

gam info domain seems to work fine:

What can I try next?

Casey,

Casey Cotita

Aug 22, 2016, 3:25:05 PM8/22/16
to Google Apps Manager
Whoops! I must have been testing with a bad messageID, because it is working after all for others.

Thanks again for your help! I'm all set now.

Jay Lee

Aug 22, 2016, 3:56:59 PM8/22/16
to Google Apps Manager
It can also take a few minutes after authorizing the addtional scopes before GAM actually gets access.

Jay

Casey,

Jay